Are you a cannabis enthusiast? Do you think cannabis is magical?
If you innate consciousness prompts a ‘YES’, Kudos! You are definitely heading in the right direction.
Medical marijuana for treating illnesses has emerged as one of the biggest breakthroughs in medical science. Research suggests that cannabis has been in medicinal use since centuries.
It was always been synonymous with relaxation but recently its medicinal use is fast gaining popularity. Although the FDA has not approved cannabis as a medicine, a large number of states are increasingly using medical marijuana to treat various medical conditions.
You might already have a MMJ card or need a medical marijuana card renewal, whatever the case is, we have discussed that in our write up.
If you don’t have either, you might be pondering over the question:
What makes cannabis medicinal?
The medicinal properties of cannabis arise from the presence of compounds namely THC or tetrahydrocannabinol and CBD or cannabidiol. These compounds majorly contribute to the medicinal properties of the plant.
How are THC and CBD useful?
THC or tetrahydrocannabinol is predominantly the psychoactive compound in the cannabis plant. The high you feel after inhaling or ingesting cannabis results from the presence of THC.
It is known to combat nausea or vomiting in patients undergoing chemotherapy sessions. The good news is that the FDA has approved dronabinol and nabilone, the made-made synthetic forms of THC, to prevent nausea and vomiting.
CBD or cannabidiol is not a psychoactive compound like THC but is known to have the anti-inflammatory and pain-relief properties which find heavy medicinal use. CBD oil has recently been used to treat epilepsy with good success.
Presently, in California, there are a large number of clinics which are banking on the medicinal use of cannabis with great effect. There are a large of services that are being offered which include 420 evaluations, recommendation letters and medical marijuana card. The ones particularly popular are the 420 evaluations and the medical marijuana card.
So, what are they? Don’t worry! It is explained further below.
What is a 420 evaluation?
420 evaluation is a simple yet innovative way to become eligible to possess medical marijuana. You should pay attention to the fact that a 420 evaluation can only be performed by a board certified and licensed medical marijuana doctor. If you have the qualifying conditions and the doctor approves your request, you can get a medical marijuana card which has a range of benefits. With the introduction of telemedicine, this process in California is majorly online and hasslefree. Amazing, isn’t it?
Well, if you are the one who is wondering, ‘How can I find the medical marijuana card near me?’, you should just stay with as we explain further.
How to get a medical marijuana card?
With the advent of telemedicine, getting a medical marijuana card is easier than ever before. The process is pretty simple:
1) Fill the online application form and upload the necessary medical documents. It is necessary that you have the qualifying medical condition to become eligible for getting the MMJ card.
2) Select the preferred card option you desire to have. The options available are namely medical marijuana card renewal, new patient recommendation and new patient recommendation with a photo ID.
3) Interact with the licensed medical marijuana doctor via a video chat and discuss your case in detail.
4) If the doctor thinks you have the qualifying medical condition, he will recommend you the right strain and you can your medical marijuana card or the recommendation letter delivered almost instantly.
What is the benefit of having a medical marijuana card?
One major advantage is that you can always get a medical marijuana card renewal. Apart from that there are a range of other benefits such as:
1) MMJ card gives you access to medical marijuana dispensaries across California. With increased access, you can find the strain you want and it also provides you with unlimited availability and more varied options.
2) It saves you a lot of money. Once you get your MMJ card, getting it renewed is pretty simple and affordable.
3) Another major advantage of the MMJ card is that the legal age limit to possess cannabis drops down to 18 years. So, if a patient in that age group requires medical marijuana, he can easily get it.
4) You automatically get your growing limited expanded. The MMJ card allows you to grow cannabis plants in the 100 square feet area. You are no longer limited by the 6 cannabis plants growth limit.
So, it is highly evident that medical marijuana has marked an increased presence. If you’re living in California, you surely have a lot of options to get your personal medical marijuana card. All thanks to telemedicine.
Medical marijuana is here to stay!